Since all of the images are done for Stitchopedia, it was time to do the drawing for the $50 knitpicks.com gift card.
I wrote down an entry for every image that everyone has submitted for Stitchopedia, and my daughters drew a name out of the hat.
Congratulations, Theresa Vasalofsky, you’re the winner! Have fun 🙂
Stitchopedia 2.1.4 update has just been approved by Apple and will be making its way into the store over the next few hours. This update has the imagery for the rest of the stitch patterns that were missing images. Accordingly, I have raised the price to $1.99 – the initial $.99 price was a (year long) sale until all of the images were added.
Also, this weekend I will be doing the raffle for the $50 gift card to knitpicks.com. My kids will be helping me out 🙂
I received lots of fantastic feedback on what the users of Stitchopedia would like to see in the next update. I am currently working on adding in the ability to add your own stitch pattern and example photo. I’m having to shuffle quite a bit of code around in order to work this in, as I had not considered this use case when I was first building this app. I hope to have it done in the next couple of months. Stay tuned!
I just submitted Stitchopedia 2.1.2 to Apple for approval. This update contains imagery for 37 stitch patterns, as well as a couple of new abbreviations and pattern corrections.
In this update I took a slightly different tact in how I seeded out patterns to people to knit samples for. I had a very large number of people emailing asking if they could help. I had more people than stitch patterns, to be honest. So when I had assigned everything out, I went back to the beginning and started re-assigning what had not come back in yet. I ended up doing this a few times.
The up side of this was that I received a lot of images for inclusion; I am happy to say that there are only 15 remaining stitch patterns that need images! However, the downside was that in several instances, I received submissions from multiple people for the same pattern. When this happened, I used the first images that I received for the pattern.
Anybody and everybody who submitted images had tickets for their names thrown into the hat for the $50 Knitpicks card, as well as getting promo codes for the app.
I wanted to briefly touch on this in case someone downloads the app expecting to see their image in it and walks away disappointed. If you have any questions on this or would like to talk to me about it, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have met a lot of awesome people during this project, and I am continuously amazed at the quality of imagery that comes in from you guys. I owe all of you my sincere gratitude.
I found the issue… I had the release compiler settings incorrect for this library I just integrated called Three20 (written by Facebook).
I have submitted a new build to apple. Stitcopedia will remain removed from the app store until the new build is approved. Hopefully it’s fairly quick this time (last time was 5 business days).
I just installed the latest build of Stitchopedia on my iPads, and i see this:
I never saw any behavior like this in my debugging. I pulled the app from the app store for the time being and am submitting a new version that backs out the functionality causing the issues.
To anyone who bought this version, or updated to this version, I sincerely apologize. The updated version is going to the app store tonight and I am working on fixing that functionality for a subsequent update.
Thanks for your patience!
* inline term lookup in stitch pattern directions. Terms such as psso will be highlighted; clicking on them shows the definition for that term.
* ~40 new images added
* performance improvements
* splash screen images
I’m pretty happy with this update – hopefully the users are too 🙂
The next major feature I plan on implementing in the new update of Stitchopedia is inline abbreviation lookups. So if you are a viewing a stitch pattern, any directions in that pattern that are defined in the abbreviations library become hyperlinks. Clicking on one of these will show the abbreviation window for that term.
This has been a harder undertaking than I had anticipated, but I think it is going to be cool. Here is a rough screen capture of what the code is generating so far: