My friend just sent me this image of Jub Jub running on his shiny new iPad. All he said in the message body was ‘doesnt look right’. Bit of an understatement!
Turns out there is an issue with the Corona SDK platform that I wrote Jub Jub in with regards to scaling to the new iPad’s resolution. Thankfully they have quickly released an updated build which fixes the issue. I have compiled Jub Jub against this and submitted it to Apple – hopefully it gets approved soon 🙂
Stitchopedia 2.1.4 update has just been approved by Apple and will be making its way into the store over the next few hours. This update has the imagery for the rest of the stitch patterns that were missing images. Accordingly, I have raised the price to $1.99 – the initial $.99 price was a (year long) sale until all of the images were added.
Also, this weekend I will be doing the raffle for the $50 gift card to knitpicks.com. My kids will be helping me out 🙂
I received lots of fantastic feedback on what the users of Stitchopedia would like to see in the next update. I am currently working on adding in the ability to add your own stitch pattern and example photo. I’m having to shuffle quite a bit of code around in order to work this in, as I had not considered this use case when I was first building this app. I hope to have it done in the next couple of months. Stay tuned!
I just released my newest app, which is a word jumble style game called Jub Jub. For more information, check this out:
It took me just about a month to make the game from start to finish. I wrote it using the Corona SDK, which was a fantastic experience.
Next up is an update to Stitchopedia, and then I’m going to start on another game. Woohoo!
I just submitted Stitchopedia 2.1.2 to Apple for approval. This update contains imagery for 37 stitch patterns, as well as a couple of new abbreviations and pattern corrections.
In this update I took a slightly different tact in how I seeded out patterns to people to knit samples for. I had a very large number of people emailing asking if they could help. I had more people than stitch patterns, to be honest. So when I had assigned everything out, I went back to the beginning and started re-assigning what had not come back in yet. I ended up doing this a few times.
The up side of this was that I received a lot of images for inclusion; I am happy to say that there are only 15 remaining stitch patterns that need images! However, the downside was that in several instances, I received submissions from multiple people for the same pattern. When this happened, I used the first images that I received for the pattern.
Anybody and everybody who submitted images had tickets for their names thrown into the hat for the $50 Knitpicks card, as well as getting promo codes for the app.
I wanted to briefly touch on this in case someone downloads the app expecting to see their image in it and walks away disappointed. If you have any questions on this or would like to talk to me about it, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have met a lot of awesome people during this project, and I am continuously amazed at the quality of imagery that comes in from you guys. I owe all of you my sincere gratitude.
* inline term lookup in stitch pattern directions. Terms such as psso will be highlighted; clicking on them shows the definition for that term.
* ~40 new images added
* performance improvements
* splash screen images
I’m pretty happy with this update – hopefully the users are too 🙂
I’ve been working on the next revision of Stitchopedia which is going to be a universal app that runs on iPad, iPod, and iPhone. However I have found that I need to rewrite most of the app and it is taking me longer than I had expected. There is a scrolling bug in the version that is currently in the app store that I have fixed in the new build. However since it is taking me much longer than I had expected to get this out, I am thinking of just doing a stand along iPhone app update to resolve that issue.